Connecting BigCommerce via Zapier
1. Log into you Zapier account and from your dashboard, click MAKE A ZAP to begin the new trigger setup.
2. You'll then select BigCommerce as the trigger.
3. Go to your BigCommerce account and follow the first 3 steps in the pop-up window. Click here to see their documentation
4. One you've hit continue, head back to Zapier and your BigCommerce account should be selected in the dropdown menu under Choose Account click the blue continue button.
5a. Next you'll have the option to customize your order; this isn't a required step but if left blank, Zapier will trigger on all order statuses, including "Incomplete" orders.
5b. If you selected New Customer, you'll skip 5a and go straight to step 6.
6. Test your BigCommerce connection, if successful search for and select the Poplar (BETA) App to use as your action; the destination where you'll be sending your data.
7. If you only have access to email data in BigCommerce you'll want to select the Email Append option, but you can alternatively create additional Zaps and use the other Action Events for things like updating your do not mail list, or mailing to customers you have existing address data for.
8. To connect your account, you'll be prompted to enter an Access Token which can be found on the API page of your Poplar account.
We recommend first entering your Test key, this will allow you to test the trigger connection without actually mailing. Successful trigger requests will be visible from the History tab of the connected campaign.
Click + Connect a new account again to enter your Production key. We recommend only selecting this account when you're ready to go live.
If using your Production account token, clicking the Test Trigger button will trigger a live mailer that will be sent.
9. Select the campaign (or head to Poplar to create a campaign and upload creative if you haven't yet).
10. (optional) Select your creative (or leave this blank if you want to run a multivariate test of any creatives enabled in the campaign.
11. Select the 4 line + button on the right and then Select the BigCommerce field that contains the sample data email, this will allow us to pass the recipient email to Poplar.
12. Send a test and then hop back over to Poplar to the history tab of the campaign and you can check the digital proof we created.
13. If tests are successful, it's time to turn on your Zap! If you want to let the trigger run naturally under the Test environment for a day or two, feel free to leave your Test Account selected. If you feel ready to go live, head back to Choose Account and select the one connected to your Production key before turning on your Zap!
Need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.