Connecting Drip via Zapier
Drip can integrate with Poplar via either connector platform: Automate.io or Zapier. Given we have a native Zapier app for Poplar the configuration is slightly easier via Zapier.
1. Log into your Zapier account and from your dashboard, click MAKE A ZAP to begin the new trigger setup.
2. You'll then select Drip as the trigger.
3. When it comes to picking the type of event to trigger on we recommend either " New Subscriber" if you want to target all new subscribers to a list, or "New Subscriber with Tag" that will allow you to target a specific segment that gets a tag applied manually or use an automated workflow in Drip to apply a tag at a specific step in the flow and then use that tag to trigger the mailing.
4. Connect your drip account via an API Key. Note: you must reach out to Drip to have them enable the API capabilities in your account.
5. Pull in Sample Data, to kickstart your segment you may need to manually apply the tag to a member of the audience in Drip. Then click the big blue " Continue" button.
6. You're now ready to configure the Action step of the Zap, search for and select the Poplar (BETA) App to use as your action; the destination where you'll be sending your data.
7. With Drip you likely don't have address data so you'll want to select the Email Append option, but you can alternatively create additional zaps and use the other Action Events for things like updating your do not mail list.
8. To connect your account, you'll be prompted to enter an Access Token which can be found on the API page of your Poplar account.
We recommend first entering your Test key, this will allow you to test the trigger connection without actually mailing. Successful trigger requests will be visible from the History tab of the connected campaign.
Click + Connect a new account again to enter your Production key. We recommend only selecting this account when you're ready to go live.
If using your Production Account Token, clicking Test Trigger during will trigger a live mailer.
9. Select the campaign (or head to Poplar to create a campaign and upload creative if you haven't yet).
10. (optional) Select your creative (or leave this blank if you want to run a multivariate test of any creatives enabled in the campaign.
11. Select the 4 line + button on the right and then Select the Drip field that contains the sample data email, this will allow us to pass the recipient email to Poplar.
12. Send a test and then hop back over to Poplar to the history tab of the campaign and you can check the digital proof we created.
13. If tests are successful, it's time to turn on your Zap! If you want to let the trigger run naturally under the Test environment for a day or two, feel free to leave your Test Account selected. If you feel ready to go live, head back to Choose Account and select the one connected to your Production key before turning on your Zap!
Need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.