Connecting Zoho via Zapier
1. Log into your Zapier account and from your dashboard, click MAKE A ZAP to begin the new trigger setup.
2. You'll then select Zoho CRM as the trigger.
3. When it comes to picking the type of event to trigger on we recommend either "New Contact" if you want to target all new subscribers, or "New Updated Contact" that will allow you to target a specific segment that gets manually updated or use an automated workflow in Zoho to mark a contact as updated during a specific step in the flow and then use that update to trigger the mailing.
4. Next, you'll be prompted to connect to your Zoho account. If the connection is successful, hit continue to add either test or add customizations to your event.
5. Search for and select the Poplar (BETA) App to use as your action; the destination where you'll be sending your data.
6. If you only have access to email data in Zoho you'll want to select the Email Append option, but you can alternatively create additional Zaps and use the other Action Events for things like updating your do not mail list, or mailing to customers you have existing address data for.
7. To connect your account, you'll be prompted to enter an Access Token which can be found on the API page of your Poplar account.
We recommend first entering your Test key, this will allow you to test the trigger connection without actually mailing. Successful trigger requests will be visible from the History tab of the connected campaign.
Click + Connect a new account again to enter your Production key. We recommend only selecting this account when you're ready to go live.
If using your Production Account Token, clicking Test Trigger during will trigger a live mailer.
8. Select the campaign ( or head to Poplar to create a campaign and upload creative if you haven't yet).
9. (optional) Select your creative (or leave this blank if you want to run a multivariate test of any creatives enabled in the campaign.
10. Click the 4 line + button on the right and then Select the Zoho field that contains the sample data email, this will allow us to pass the recipient email to Poplar.
11. Send a test and then hop back over to Poplar to the history tab of the campaign and you can check the digital proof we created.
12. If tests are successful, it's time to turn on your Zap! If you want to let the trigger run naturally under the Test environment for a day or two, feel free to leave your Test Account selected. If you feel ready to go live, head back to Choose Account and select the one connected to your Production key before turning on your Zap!
Need help? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.