Address Enrichment (Email Retargeting)
Typically, Poplar's address enrichment process sees a 50-70%+ match rate. Our internal tests have generally found that older demographics tend to yield a higher match rate than younger ones. Thanks to the strict accuracy filters we've put in place, there should be a high yield of accurately matched addresses. If applicable, Enable Address Enrichment when your campaign is created, or Edit an existing campaign to adjust the setting.
When making an API request or prepping an audience file, only the email field is required; Poplar will initiate an address search as described in the image below. You will only be charged if an append is successful and will not be charged if a match can't be found.
Holdout groups are included in the data charge since an email has to find a match in order to be eligible for the holdout group, but the cost of production will not be applied. The system will return
append failed if it is unable to identify an address to match. If it's successful, it'll change the status to
Your account will be charged the full amount (100% match rate) and will be automatically refunded the remainder after the email appends process is complete. The refund will be credited to your Poplar account (or the original payment method upon request).
If you have $100 in your account and push through three $50 One Time Sends quickly, Poplar will think there is enough there is enough money for all three. By the time the first two are done processing, the third mailing will be suppressed due to lack of funds.
Rules and Limitations
- Emails submitted must be customer emails; you should NOT submit emails you have obtained in other ways.
- Emails must belong to US residents only, Poplar does not ship outside the US.
- Recipient addresses for append will always be addressed to "Current Resident." Any personalization of the mail piece should not include any PII (personally identifiable information) for that specific customer.
- When downloading mailing history for Address Enrichment campaigns, address data will be redacted from the file.
- The use of name merge tags is restricted for recipient privacy purposes.